This is an interesting card of the Caledonian Station at Dolphinton. This line opened in 1867 and it connected Dolphinton to Carstairs. By the 1920s, there were three return journeys to Carstairs stopping at Dunsyre, Newbigging, Bankhead, and then Carstairs. The total journey time for the eleven miles to Carstairs was about half an hour. It ceased to be a passenger line in 1945, but freight was carried till 1950. Dolphinton was also interesting in that it had another station belonging to the North British Railway Company. This connected to Leadburn near Edinburgh. This line was closed in 1933. Finally, this card was posted from Edinburgh on August 28th 1908 to Brighton.