St. Mary’s Convent

This is an old card of St. Mary’s Church, Lanark, which was constructed to the design of Weightman, Hatfield, and Goldie. The construction took place between 1856-1859 as a result of the financial support of Robert Monteith of Carstairs, a rich industrialist. The church was badly damaged by fire in 1907. It was repaired and extended by 1910.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments