This is a view of Braidwood Station near Carluke, opened by the Caledonian Railway Company in 1849. It was a busy station with several sidings on the east side, including a sawmill and tileworks. On the west side there was a siding for the Nellfield Saw Mills. Apart from the industrial complexes nearby, Braidwood was one of the main stations for strawberries grown in the Clyde Valley. At the height of the season, five tons of strawberries were sent to the fruit market in Glasgow.
In 1962 the station closed due to the Beeching cuts.