Townhead, Thankerton from the station
This is a nice view of the Station building at Thankerton with the adjacent signal box. The card dates to about 1905. Notice the advert for the Central Station Hotel in Glasgow now being open.
Thankerton Railway Station opened in February 1848 and was part of the Caledonian Railway. The station closed in January 1965 as part of the Beeching cuts.