Biggar Road, Symington
Lochlyoch is not only famous for the Clydesdale Horses but as a major water source for Lanark. It opened in 1882 and cost £8,048. It was a major step forward for Lanark, as it replaced Lanark Loch as a water source. Prior to 1850, most people got their water from wells. Typhoid and cholera encouraged a search for better and healthier sources of water.