Lampits Ferry

Year: 1864

This map of c.1864 shows the position of the Lampits Ferry and how Smiths Bakers van would get to Pettinain. The map also shows the Village of Pettinain, which was in the 12th century a grange of the monastery of Dryburgh.

Further over is Westraw, originally a dower house of the Carmichael family dating back to the 18th century, though parts of it date back to the 17th century.

Map courtesy of the National Library of Scotland.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments