First Ordnance Survey map of Lesmahagow

Year: 1864

The first Ordnance Survey 6″ to 1 mile map of the Lesmahagow area shows a major change in map making. By 1864, the detail included in the maps is considerable.

The map shows the Monastic Lade or water channel running into the Nethan near Turfholm Bridge. St. Foxes Castle is a puzzling earthwork whose setting was disturbed by the railway coming into Lesmahagow.

Map courtesy of the National Library of Scotland.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments