This is a picture of the boat bridge at Thankerton. It was built in the year 1778 and was funded by the county of Lanark to facilitate travel between Lanark and Biggar. Previously, there was a boat at this site which, in 1660, the town of Lanark paid several merks for its upkeep and maintenance.
The card was sent by a keen cyclist who was staying at Thankerton in 1930 and had biked to Newton to visit the Watsons. Although E.R.C had enjoyed her bike ride, she was complaining of sore bones.