First Ordnance Survey map of Wilsontown

Year: 1858

One of the first Ordnance Survey maps of Wilsontown and the surrounding area. The map shows the Iron Works as being disused. Parallel to the old iron works is a row of houses known as Quality Row. These dwellings were erected by the Dixons to provide accommodation for those working in the local coal mines. Similar houses were erected at Rootpark.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments